*Update as of April 23, 2019 :
The auto migration process for ads in Advanced URL format to Extended Text Ads has completed.
You can identify the auto-migrated ads with ad name "ETA_(original ad ID)_(original ad name)" on your account.
The ads that are impossible to deliver after the auto-migration were not migrated.
Example of ads that were not migrated:
- Ad Customizer ads whose Data Assignment List has been deleted
- Ad Customizer ads with past-date COUNTDOWN feature
Please confirm the current detail of your ads on the Campaign Management Tool.
Document Number: APIE-FY18-2085
Thank you for using Yahoo! JAPAN Promotional Ads.
The schedule has been decided for the auto migration, that we have previously announced in "Auto migration of Sponsored Search Advanced URL (Document Number:MSCE-FY18-2055)". Please see below for details.
Once again, thank you for using Yahoo! JAPAN Promotional Ads.
April 9 - 19, 2019 JST
*The schedule may change without prior notice.
Ads in Advanced URL format that meet specific conditions will be automatically migrated to Extended Text Ads.
3-1. Conditions to be auto-migrated
Ads in Advanced URL format meeting the following conditions will be migrated to Extended Text Ads automatically.
Ads with Display Settings "Off" that meet the following conditions are also subject to auto migration.
- Ads in Advanced URL format
* Ads with "Ad Type" "Text (15, 19-19)"
- Ad with one or more impressions after October 2018
- Ads that have completed editorial review
* Ads with editorial status "Pending", "Declined", "Removed" will not be migrated.
- Ads that are not deleted as of April 8, 2019 JST
3-2. Auto migration flow
(1) During the period, the system will copy the ads and create an Extended Text Ad.
Auto migrated Extended Text Ads will be set under the same ad group as the original ad.
Auto migrated ads will be named under the following rule.
"ETA_(original ad ID)_(original ad name)"
* The end of the ad name will be deleted when exceeding the character limit.
Please refer to the pdf document below for more details.
* The ad migration timing cannot be arranged around individual conditions. Please check the migrated ads from the Campaign Management Tool after the migration period.
* If the domain name, the Display URL of the original ad that will be in "Title2" after the migration, is over 30 characters the characters after that will be deleted.
(2) The new ads may not be able to collect enough performance data with the original ads included in the same ad group.
We recommend customers to pause the original ads accordingly by confirming the ad performance.
(3) All ads in Advanced URL format will be rejected by editorial review around Summer 2019.
This will cause the ad delivery of Advanced URL to stop.
We will make another announcement once the schedule has been decided.
4. Required actions:
All ads that meet the condition will be auto migrated. Some ads may not be migrated automatically depending on the status.
In this case, migration must be done by the advertiser.
Please confirm the pdf document for details about how to check your account. We appreciate your understanding.
- The Extended Text Ads automatically migrated from the Advanced URL format will be created as new ads. Therefore, the performance data and auction rank of the original ads will not be taken over.
- New Extended Text Ads are subject to editorial review.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Yahoo! JAPAN API support team