Document Number: APIE-FY18-2055
Thank you for using Yahoo! JAPAN Promotional Ads.
Ad delivery for Sponsored Search in Advanced URL format will be
closing around Summer 2019 (creating ads in Advanced URL format
has closed in March 2017).
Prior to the closing, ads in Advanced URL format that meet specific
conditions will be migrated to Extended Text Ads automatically.
Please see below for details.
Once again, thank you for using Yahoo! JAPAN Promotional Ads.
Early April 2019
*We will make another announcement once the schedule has been
decided. Schedule may change without prior notice.
3. Conditions for auto migration:
Ads in Advanced URL format meeting the following conditions will
be migrated to Extended Text Ads automatically.
- Ads in Advanced URL format
*Ads using ad type "Text (15, 19-19)"
- Ads with one or more impressions after October 2018
- Ads that have completed editorial review
*Ads with editorial status "Pending", "Declined", "Removed"
will not be migrated.
4. Auto migration flow:
The auto migration will proceed following the steps below.
(1) Ads in Advanced URL format that meet the specific conditions
will be copied and created as Extended Text Ads in bulk around
early April 2019. The new Extended Text Ads will be named
as below and created in the same ad group as the original ads.
"ETA_(original ad ID)_(original ad name)"
*The end of the ad name will be deleted when exceeding the
(2) The new ads may not be able to collect enough performance
data with the original ads included in the same ad group.
We recommend customers to pause the original ads accordingly
by confirming the ad performance.
(3) All ads in Advanced URL format will be rejected by editorial
review around Summer 2019. This will cause the ad delivery
of Advanced URL to stop.
Please refer to the page below for more details about the migration.
5. Required actions from customers:
Some ads may not be migrated automatically depending on the
status. Please refer to the page below on how to confirm the
status of your ads and details on required actions.
- The Extended Text Ads automatically migrated from the Advanced
URL format will be created as new ads. Therefore, the performance
data and auction rank of the original ads will not be taken over.
- New Extended Text Ads are subject to editorial review.
Please refer to the information page below for more details on
Extended Text Ads. (Both in Japanese edition)
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Yahoo! JAPAN API support team